Looking for Airsoft Fields and Arenas in Maine? Research the Best ME Ranges
Locate airsoft fields and arenas in Maine. Learn where to play airsoft at the best ME outdoor airsoft fields. Check for indoor airsoft arena training.
About Finding Airsoft Arenas in Maine
Search the map of Maine below for airsoft fields and arenas. Not all places have airsoft fields close by. You will probably have the greatest probability of locating an airsoft field by looking around the biggest cities in ME which include Portland, Bangor, and Lewiston. You might have to travel abroad to get to a playing field. Have a look at the Best Airsoft Fields and Arenas to see the leading places to play airsoft in the United States.
|Field Name||Location||Visit Field|
|Airsoft fields coming soon - See Best Fields||Go To Best Fields|
Ad · www.foxairsoft.com
Find Airsoft Guns in Maine*
Playing airsoft in Maine? Check out these best selling airsoft guns. They won’t let you down on the airsoft field.
*Best selling airsoft guns are representative of U.S. sales which may include Maine.
Top-Rated Airsoft BBs in Maine
Stock up on airsoft BBs so you will always have ammo loaded in your magazines and stored in your tactical loadout.
- 5000 Premium Elite Force Airsoft BBs
- Polished to perfection; Loads and shoots smoothly for airsoft guns
- Weight: 0.25 gram
- High quality airsoft BBs designed specifically for the most demanding and serious tactical scenarios
- 6mm plastic BBs compatible with most airsoft guns
Last update on May 25, 2022 // Source: Amazon API
Playing in Maine – What is Airsoft
Learn about airsoft in Maine. Airsoft is a shooting sport where players use airsoft guns like sniper rifles and assault rifles to shoot 6mm plastic BBs. The gameplay can include a mixture of objective based scenarios and group style games where game players and teams of players contend for victory. Airsoft teams can differ in size from a few participants to many squads, fireteams, and operational units based on the scale of the playing field and player number. Larger sized fields and airsoft events can host 100s or maybe even 1000s of players based on the area of operations (AO).
Main airsoft weapons include the AK47 Kalashnikov, Heckler and Koch H&K G36, Colt M4 Carbine style assault rifles which are reproduced in the form of automatic electric (AEG) airsoft guns. Sidearms generally consist of Beretta M9, 1911, or Glock handguns which are carried as airsoft green gas or CO2 airsoft pistol versions.
Airsoft players typically use camo patterns throughout games along with headgear like tactical helmets and tactical vests configured with pouches. Each opposing airsoft group typically uses a specific pattern to assist in recognizing friendly and unfriendly forces.
The targets airsoft weapons are fired at can differ depending on game type. Usually the targets engaged with airsoft guns are other players during force-on-force skirmishes. This is why it is vital for all players on the field to use protective gear like airsoft goggles and face masks and follow the safety principles of the airsoft field. Other sorts of targets can vary from static objects to paper targets as game players take part in marksmanship challenges and exhibitions by aiming to strike objects at significantly more difficult distances. Target acquisition, speed, and accuracy are necessary to keep the shots on target.
There are a lot of types of airsoft games. The types of airsoft missions are rather endless as participants develop more kinds all of the time.
Milsim Info – Maine
Milsim is common in Maine. Military simulation airsoft, or milsim, is commonly a significant part of airsoft. Milsim is the art of imitating a military-like environment. Sometimes this involves a chain of command, trucks, and semi-realistic locations with dummy combat zone pyrotechnics or effects. Much of the airsoft guns, objectives, and garbs are replications of realistic firearms, military fatigues, and real-world missions out of history. The final result of realistic milsim leads to players looking remarkably military-esque and loaded out like spec ops.
Milsim airsoft guns are based on the era of preferred weapons at the time of the historical objective. The M16A1 rifle has the timeless look of a Vietnam period assault rifle, while other airsoft rifles like the Heckler & Koch HK416 or IWI TAVOR TAR-21 are much more modern-day. In strict milsim gameplay, the weapons used by players need to be consistent with the age, use associated add-ons, and be appropriately modded.
A modern-day U.S. Navy Seal milsim uniform and loadout could combine a Navy Working Uniform (NWU) camouflage pattern with a London Bridge Trading LBT-6094 Plate Carrier Gen II AOR1 and a ballistic helmet like the Ops-Core FAST SF Super High Cut Helmet. This saves cash because the real gear can cost thousands of dollars and be lighter to use on the airsoft field.
The objectives carried out throughout milsim operations include historical reenactments and missions or objectives set as historical fiction. Have you ever desired to storm the beaches of Normandy, protect the 38th Parallel, or tackle the drug lords of Mogadishu at the time of Blackhawk Down? Milsim combined with airsoft is one way you can actively join in and experience military history.
Airsoft Safety Guidelines while Playing in Maine
Airsoft guns do have safety concerns and must only be used with a range officer’s supervision. All players, bystanders, and people in the playing location or near people shooting airsoft guns in the state of Maine need to be protected with eye and face impact protection. While airsoft weapons are not real guns, they can inflict injury and hurt people who are not equipped with the proper or correct protective airsoft equipment.
Airsoft Ballistic Eyewear Ratings
Face masks and ballistic goggles are important to keep your eyes and head safe from incoming airsoft BBs. A lot of airsoft fields and arenas require “full seal” airsoft eye protection implying they ought to totally wrap the space around the airsoft player’s eyes. These goggles will need to be graded to a particular impact level so that airsoft BBs cannot break or get in them. Choose and use full seal airsoft safety glasses which are manufactured to protect your eyes from at least ANSI Z87. 1+ or MIL-PRF-31013 impact rated. This specific ANSI scoring matches the guidelines established by the American National Standards Institute suggesting the glasses’ lenses can endure force from high FPS projectiles like airsoft BBs. Ballistic goggle and shooting eye protection scores are different from lab goggle and non-ANSI eye protection rankings.
Where To Play Airsoft in Maine
You may have a group of friends or school pals who want to play airsoft with you. The only question is where is the best location to airsoft and how do you discover those locations which are really cool and fun as well as safe and legal for airsoft?
The Qualities of a Great Maine Airsoft Playing Area
- Airsoft Game Safety – Security is the top priority when selecting where to play airsoft in Maine considering that airsoft guns can look very much like real guns and also shoot airsoft BBs.
- Legality of Airsoft Weapons – Make sure the place you choose to play airsoft in Maine is legal by examining local laws or asking your local police officers or LE.
- Distance to Town – Choose a place to play airsoft which is close to where you live in Maine or prepare a road trip to travel there if it is a gathering like an airsoft competition.
- Airsoft on Public Property – If you are playing airsoft on public commercial property in ME, make sure it is enabled like at an outdoor recreation area or public land.
- Airsoft on Private Property – If you are playing airsoft on personal property, make certain it is ok with the land or property owner and everyone completes a liability waiver (in case somebody gets hurt).
- EMS Services – Ensure you understand how far the nearby emergency medical provider services or healthcare facility is in relation to the field in case anyone does get injured, requires medical assistance, or has a “real world” emergency.
Locating an Area to Play Airsoft in ME
- Designated Airsoft Fields in ME – Airsoft fields are developed particularly for airsoft games and having enjoyable. Entry charges or memberships are needed to play airsoft for the day.
- ME MOUT and Urban Warfare Facilities – MOUT centers are frequently found at airsoft tournaments on military bases. They have many structures and homes to mimic a city environment. Airsoft game phases are scheduled and arranged. Airsoft tournament staff arrange the games, set goals, and maintain safety and security. Gamers need to purchase a tournament ticket to play.
- Maine Forest and Woods – Forests and woody locations with lots of trees can be excellent spots to play airsoft. Airsoft games here are organized by groups of gamers or on airsoft forums. Airsoft games on private land need permission from the landlord. Public outdoor recreation areas like national parks are typically totally free for anyone to play airsoft. At these locations, airsoft game safety is maintained by the airsoft gamers themselves.
- Fields and Open Spaces in Maine – Fields and open spaces can be great airsoft fields and locations to host games. Players wanting to play airsoft games on private residential or commercial property need the land owner’s permission.
- Deserted Warehouses and Structures in ME – Empty warehouses, deserted buildings, and other indoor locations can make great locations to play airsoft. Make sure the entire area is safe prior to playing airsoft.
- Maine Cities, Towns, and Suburban Areas – You usually cannot play airsoft in cities, parks, and in the suburbs. Town laws often restrict shooting BB guns and airsoft guns within municipality boundaries. Check regional laws and code before playing airsoft. Be careful about playing in yards and areas where neighbors can see you. A lot of people might be worried if they see you playing with “weapons” and shooting at players.
Where to play airsoft in Maine
Learn about where you can play airsoft if you cannot find a field near you.
Playing with Airsoft Rifles in Maine Details
Most players in Maine use AEGs during airsoft games. When playing airsoft, Airsoft rifles are the primary weapons carried. These long guns are very popular, are combat effective, and work very well on playing fields due to this fact. Long guns are usually deployed in the field mainly with handguns and sniper rifles and belong to a world-class airsoft tactical load out.
When calculating the distance airsoft rifles can shoot on ME airsoft fields and in arenas, remember the average shooting distance for rifle use on airsoft fields is around 140 feet and in around 50 feet in indoor airsoft arenas which the weapon can handle quite effectively. The exact distance and gun usage depends on the specific Maine airsoft field rules. This type of AEG gun shoots airsoft BBs rapidly in full-auto or semi-auto select fire modes and is durable, well-designed and toughly constructed. With appropriate care and weapon maintenance, airsoft rifles will probably continue to shoot for lots of skirmishes of airsoft on Maine fields.
Need an Airsoft Rifle for Your Games?
- AEG powered airsoft rifle
- Semi-auto and full-auto shooting
- High capacity 250-round mag capacity
- Shoots 6mm plastic airsoft BBs at up to 340 fps
- Flip-up front and rear sights; Includes battery and charger
Last update on May 25, 2022 // Source: Amazon API
Airsoft BB Sizes to Use at ME Fields and Arenas
Players in Maine use standard airsoft BBs. All standard airsoft BBs are 6mm in size. This is since most airsoft weapons like handguns, rifles, sniper rifles, and squad support airsoft guns have magazines which accept 6mm airsoft BBs and likewise have 6mm airsoft gun barrels. Look for 6mm airsoft BBs if you are uncertain what size BB your airsoft gun fires. Your airsoft gun is most likely a 6mm airsoft gun. If you have questions about what airsoft BB size your airsoft gun accepts, check in your airsoft weapon owner’s manual, try to find markings on the airsoft gun magazine, or look online by looking up the weapon model number and maker of the airsoft gun.
About BB Weights for ME Airsoft Games
Airsoft BBs are available in a couple of normal weights. The most typical weights are 0.12 gram and 0.20 gram BBs. Other typical weights are 0.25 gram, 0.28 gram, 0.30 gram, and up to 0.40 gram BBs. The weight of the airsoft BB influences how much force is required to launch the BB out of the airsoft weapon and guide its flight path after the BB is shot.
See The Best Airsoft Gun Reviews
Looking for the best airsoft guns in Maine? See top-rated gun reviews and where to get them. We review many gun types including sniper rifles, AEGs, and pistols.
Find The Best Airsoft BBs and Gun Ammo
Learn about the best airsoft 6mm ammunition and BB brands. We provide information on BB weights and specifications. These BBs are top performers.
Maine Airsoft Field Frequently Asked Questions
Where are good places to play airsoft in Maine?
You can play airsoft in many places in ME including at outdoor airsoft fields, indoor airsoft arenas, at MOUT sites, in forests and wooded areas with trees, in open spaces and grasslands, and in empty warehouses and buildings. Always make sure you check with the owner of an area before playing. You can also find public use land to play on like in National Forests or other areas owned by the Maine Bureau of Land Management.
How can I find a place to play airsoft in Maine?
You can find a place to play airsoft in Maine by doing several things. You can check with friends living in ME or family who have land to see if you can play airsoft there. You can find a Maine airsoft field near by you. You can check for local Maine airsoft events to see if people are playing close by. You can also research larger Maine airsoft events and tournaments and travel to those as well.
Can I play airsoft anywhere in Maine?
No, it is not a good idea to play airsoft just anywhere in Maine. It is best to play at a Maine airsoft field or on private land where you have permission to play.
What is a Maine airsoft place?
An airsoft place is where you can place airsoft games. Airsoft places include airsoft fields, forests, open fields and grasslands, empty buildings and warehouses.